Private Party Information
Catering: In addition to our catering menus, we do allow outside caterers with a license. All outside caterers must be pre-approved through a catering agreement. There is a catering fee, with an amount dependent on the venue.
Event Length: Parties in the private event rooms receive 3 hours of time. Access is available one hour prior to the event start time for setup and delivery. All personal items and equipment must be removed within one hour after the event’s contacted ending time. Extended hours, based upon availability, are available for an additional $500 per hour.
Guaranteed Guest Count Confirmation: A guaranteed, final guest count is required two weeks prior to the event date.
Cancellation Policy: In the event that the renter should cancel an event the following schedule applies:
- The 25% deposit is non-refundable
- If the cancellation date is between 61 and 90 days from the date of the function, 50% of the total room rental charges will be refunded.
- If the cancellation date is between 31 and 60 days from the date of the function, 25% of the total room rental charges will be refunded.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 30 days of the event
- Does not apply to reservations in The Speakeasy Grill and The Elk’s Room
Food and Beverage Minimums: All private events held in The Hippodrome Theater, The Speakeasy, Speakeasy Balcony, and the Screening Room carry a food and beverage minimum in addition to the location fee. If the food and beverage minimum is not met, or if an outside caterer is used, the remaining balance will be added to the location fee. A Bar Guarantee may be set up in replacement of the food and beverage minimum.
Bar Options: We offer several different options to customize your event bar.
Decorations: Decorations must comply with the fire ordinance and may not be fastened to the walls with thumbtacks, nails, or staples. Pushpins and masking tape are permitted. The use of confetti, rice, or birdseed is prohibited in the rooms or grounds of The Hippodrome. All trash, decorations, and other debris must be removed from the room and placed in the dumpsters immediately following the completion of the function. Any labor required by The Hippodrome’s personnel to clean the room or grounds will be done at a charge of $100.00 per labor hour.
All Events Include:
- One hour setup, prior to the event start time, and one hour for breakdown, after the event ends. Additional setup hours may be coordinated, upon availability, for $100 an hour.
- Staff Event Coordinator to assist with professional coordination for your special day
- Additional rental items, such as valet and linens
Additional Options: The Hippodrome Theater also offers Valet, Black Linens, and entertainment recommendations.
**Smoking is prohibited inside the Hippodrome facility.
**All private room rentals come with the default setting. Any changes to the default room setup subject to an additional room setup charge. Buffet style events will change the total seating capacities in each room.
**Denotes seating while using the dance floor space.